What to Pack for a Three Month Backpacking Trip
[ THE BAGS ]
- The backpack: Osprey Kyte 46 Pack – Women’s
- The day bag: Longchamp Le Pliage Large Tote
- The night bag: Fossil Crossbody Purse
[ THE CLOTHES ]
- 1 North Face Women’s Fastpack Wind Jacket
- 1 lightweight green jacket
- 2 short rompers [ one black and one black/white ]**Ended up mailing one home.
- 1 long romper [ black/white ]
- 2 dresses [ one black and one black/white stripes ]
- 2 pants [ one black jeans and one blue jeans ]
- 4 short sleeve tops [ one pink cotton, one grey cotton, one teal cotton and one black silk ] **Ended up mailing the teal shirt home and buying a blue cotton t-shirt.
- 1 grey tank top [ casual ]
- 1 grey cotton long sleeve top [ causal ]
- 8 pairs of underwear
- 2 sports bras
- 2 real bras [ black and nude ]
- 3 pairs of socks
- 1 pair of black Nike shorts
- 1 pair of black Nike pants
- 1 black bandeau [ needed for some of the dresses and shirts ]
- 1 black cardigan
- 1 black/white scarf
- 1 black pajama romper
- 1 swimsuit
- 1 black floppy hat **Ended up mailing home.
[ THE SHOES ]
- Black Steve Madden sandals **Ended up switching out for white Converses mid-trip.
- Brown Steve Madden sandals
- Black flip flops [ shower shoes ]
- Nike tennis shoes
- Black ballet flats
[ THE GADGETS ]
[ THE ACCESSORIES ]
- Waterproof watch
- Foldable clothesline
- Sink stopper**Never used. Ended up throwing away.
- Moneybelt **Only used once. Ended up throwing away.
- Quick dry towel
- Thin sleeping sheet
- Brita Water Bottle [ with interior filter ]
- Small laundry bag
- Silk pillow case
- Mini bottle of wrinkle release
- Thin sleeping sheet
- Lonely Planet Western Europe Guide Book
- Lonely Planet Central Europe Guide Book
- Passport [ plus two copies ]
- Drivers license [ plus two copies ]
- International drivers license
- Eurail train pass
- Copies of hostel/Airbnb confirmations **Never needed to reference. Ended up using as scrap paper.
- Basic toiletries [ plus one pink nail polish ]
- Makeup [ travel size basics ]
[ HELPFUL HINTS]
- All clothing items should match. Neutral colors are best.
- Roll [ don’t fold ] your clothes and use packing cubes.
- Pack a comfortable pair of shoes in addition to tennis shoes (Converses, TOMS, etc.). They are a bit more fashionable than tennis shoes for when your feet have had enough of those cute sandals!
- Avoid packing cosmetic jewelry. A simple pair of earrings and watch will suffice.
- Use mini bottles for toiletries. You can restock at local grocery/convenience stores throughout your trip.
- Remember, you can mail items home and/or purchase clothes during your trip. So avoid packing a heavy jacket if you don’t need it until your last month.
- There is no shortage of laundry mats in Europe. Pack less and do laundry more.
Anchored Adventure Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
[ and by fees, I’ve made literally pennies, ha!]